Student success means to create the conditions where students can learn a lot, thrive in college, graduate in a timely manner, and enjoy the benefit of a college degree throughout their lives.
Over the past decade, through a sustained, campus-wide commitment, our university has doubled our six-year graduation rate for undergraduate students, from 26% in 2011 to 52% in Fall 2020. In 2017, we were awarded the prestigious APLU Degree Completion Award for this accomplishment.
As we consider the impacts of the global pandemic (both health and economic) and structural inequalities in secondary education, a great deal of work remains ahead to deliver on our university mission. The Office of Student Success offers programs and services which directly serve WSU students as well as supporting campus student success efforts and initiatives.
What We Do
- Deliver programs and services in Student Success units that support the success of Wayne State University students.
- Support members of the campus in student success by providing professional development, student success events, travel and professional development awards, and student success fellowships.
- Participate in and convene partnerships and collaborations to advance student success.
- Collaborate on initiatives that foster student success.
- Provide student success resources for students and campus employees.
- Perform assessment, program evaluation, outcomes reporting, presentations, and research on student success.
- Support operational excellence for all student success activities.