WSU Faculty Resources
Faculty members at Wayne State University are vitally important to achieving the goals and mission of the university. With that in mind, it is expected that every faculty member will engage in teaching, service, and scholarship/professional development. This website will help provide resources and guidance, in those areas as well as how to navigate the university, to ensure each faculty member is successful.
- New Faculty Orientation
- IT Resources
- Human Resources: OneCard, Parking, Payroll, Forms
- WSU: Schools and Colleges
- Faculty Development and Success: Office of the Provost
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Promotion & Tenure
- Selective Salary
Scholarship is a core activity of the university, and all faculty members are expected to be productive scholars, in some capacity, depending if you are tenure or non-tenure track.
- Research and Discovery - WSU (iBio, Research Development, Centers and Institute information)
- University Factors Promotion in Research
- Individual Faculty Research Development Plan (.docx)
Institutional Review Board (IRB) information
- Understanding Research Methods: Online Course
- Types of Journal Articles
- Structuring Your Manuscript: IMRD Method
- Biosketch Sample
- WSU Libraries Support for Faculty
- ORCID: Connecting Researchers and their Research
- Research Design Support: WSU
- Statistical Analysis Support: WSU
- Freelance Research Editors: WSU Division of Research
- Grant Preparation and Writing Support: WSU
- Office for Teaching and Learning Grants
- Internal WSU Funding Grants
- Online Course: Introduction to Finding Grants
- Foundation Office WSU: Help Finding External Grants
- Finding External Grant Funding Sources
Teaching is a core activity of the university and all faculty members are expected to achieve excellence in this role. Teaching includes, but not limited to, traditional classroom, laboratory and studio instruction, online or hybrid instruction and clinical training.
- WSU Teaching Handbook
- Office for Teaching and Learning
- Canvas Support
- Knowledge On Demand (professional development, teaching resources)
- Writing a Statement of Teaching Philosophy for the Academic Job Search
- Student Disability Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Student Support & Intervention (CARE report, Campus Health Center, police, advising)
- Bookstore / Book Adoption
- Midterm grades
All faculty members are expected to engage in activities at the department, college/school, and university levels that contribute in a substantial manner to the important work of the institution.
- Academic Senate Committees
- Office of the President Committees
- Diversity: Faculty Engagement Groups/Committees
- Office of the Provost Academic Staff Mentoring Committee
- Graduate Council - Graduate School
- Commission on the Status of Women Committees
School/college and department committees
Find committees by navigating your school or college's website.
- Mike Ilitch School of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
- Graduate School
- Irvin D. Reid Honors College
- Law School
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- School of Information Sciences
- School of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- School of Social Work
WSU's Coronavirus Website - Check this webpage often for the most recent updates and communications from WSU.
HR Information for Employees - Information for employees regarding benefits and teleworking procedures can be found on this site.
C&IT: Accessing WSU Technology from Home - C&IT provides students, faculty, and staff with the technology systems, services, and tools they need to succeed. This guide outlines how these resources may be accessed off-campus and outside of Wayne State's networks.
Teach Anywhere - The Teach Anywhere Team is a collaboration between the OTL and C&IT with additional support from the Libraries. Their goal is to support faculty in making decisions and taking action to transition their courses to online or remote formats as smoothly as possible.
Learn Anywhere - You will find Wayne State resources available to students to ensure they have a seamless transition to a new learning environment.
Assist Anywhere - The Assist Anywhere Team is a collaboration between academic staff and administrators across campus. Their shared goal is to support academic staff in making decisions and taking action to transition their duties to online or remote formats as smoothly as possible.
Coronavirus Student Information - Stay up-to-date on changes made by schools, colleges and departments across campus.