Appeal Procedures, College/School Grade and Academic Dismissal
- Students should first seek to settle grade disputes informally with the instructor.
- Each College and School has established formal grade appeal procedures. These procedures are available from the Dean's Office of the College or School and links are provided below.
The University and each individual School or College have established formal grade appeal procedures. Please reference your appropriate school/college/program for specific grade appeal procedures.
- General University Policy on Grade Appeals
- Role of the Ombuds Office - Academic Appeals
- Dean of Students Office - Student Complaints
- Dean of Students Office - Academic Misconduct Procedures
- Graduate School
- Mike Ilitch School of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- Irvin D. Reid Honors College
- Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
- School of Information Sciences
- School of Social Work
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Law School (Section V, K)
- School of Medicine (8.19)
- College of Nursing (Handbook)
- Tuition and Fees Appeals
- Academic Bulletin
- Additional Resources
In matters where a College's signed final decision is based upon the evaluation of a student's academic performance, and when review procedures available to him/her within the College have been exhausted, the student may request the Associate Provost for Academic Programs to review that decision on the record.
Need other assistance from the Provost Office?
Financial Aid Appeal?
Please visit: https://wayne.edu/ombuds/tfab/
Need to file a complaint?
Dean of Students Office
Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct
Please visit: https://oeo.wayne.edu/