Academic policies at Wayne State include, but are not limited to, the course review process, course approvals, and student academic appeals.
Appeal Procedures, College/School Grade and Academic
Students should first seek to settle grade disputes informally with the instructor. Each College and School has established formal grade appeal procedures. These procedures are available from the Dean's Office of the College or School and links are provided at the bottom of this page. In most instances, formal grade appeals must be filed within thirty days of the time the student has or should have received his/her final grade.
The University and each individual School or College have established formal grade appeal procedures. Please reference your appropriate school/college/program for specific grade appeal procedures.
- General University Policy on Grade Appeals
- Role of the Ombuds Office - Academic Appeals
- Dean of Students Office - Student Complaints
- Dean of Students Office - Academic Misconduct Procedures
- Graduate School
- Mike Ilitch School of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- Irvin D. Reid Honors College
- Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Need to file a complaint?
Dean of Students Office