The University Leadership Council was created by Wayne State President Kimberly Andrews Espy, Ph.D., and Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs Mark Kornbluh, Ph.D., to promote deeper connections and articulation between the work of executive and academic leaders and include and consider important shared governance perspectives.
Roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate institutional, enterprise thinking across executive and academic leadership to advance the university as a whole.
- Provide a venue for collective consideration and vetting of important operational matters from multiple perspectives, including that of our shared governance colleagues.
- Advance process improvements through consideration of campus administrative and operational practices.
- Provide input into institutional leadership initiatives such as planning, implementation and evaluation, and disseminate information from and/or gaining input into the ongoing activities and work of the executive teams.
- Assist in prioritizing initiatives and building consensus about overall campus needs, actions and outcomes.
- Intentionally link the work of the Council of Deans and the executive teams.
Fundamental to the council's work and undergirding our leadership efforts is our commitment to deep and broad engagement with our communities, as well as our fundamental lens and shared action to promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
The council meets twice a month and is chaired by Provost Kornbluh and co-chaired by Interim Vice President for Research Tim Stemmler.
Acting Provost and Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs
Vice President for Research (Interim)
Dean, College of Engineering
Senior Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Associate Vice President of Academic Personnel
Dean, College of Education
President, Academic Senate
Acting Dean, College of Nursing
Dean, University Libraries and the School of Information Sciences
Dean, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Associate Vice President for Facilities Planning and Management
Dean, College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
Vice President for Academic Student Affairs and Global Engagement
Senior Associate Vice President for Finance and Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Associate Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
President, Student Senate
Dean, Mike Ilitch School of Business
Dean, School of Social Work
Vice President for Government and Community Affairs
Chief Business Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Operations, and Treasurer
Vice President and Secretary to the Board of Governors
Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer (Interim)
Acting Dean, Irvin D. Reid Honors College
Vice President and General Counsel
Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs and President, Wayne State University Foundation
Vice President for Health Affairs
Vice President for Economic Development
Chief Information Officer and Associate Vice President for Computing and Information Technology
Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Chief of Staff